Get your Work-Related Expenses RIGHT

September 21, 2017


What work-related expenses can and can't you claim?


The ATO have developed a suite of occupation-specific guides to help you understand what you can and can't claim as work-related expenses.


They break the information down into different deduction labels, including:

  • car expenses

  • home office expenses

  • clothing expenses

  • self-education or professional development expenses.

The guides are available for the following occupations:

  • construction worker

  • retail worker

  • office worker

  • Australian Defence Force

  • sales and marketing

  • nurse, midwife or carer

  • police officer

  • public servant

  • teacher

  • truck driver.

You can download the guideline for your occupation from the ATO Publication Ordering Service – select Search PDF publications – Type in JS39108 – search Online publications as the media.


Are you always on the go? Save time and keep your tax organised with the ATO myDeductions app.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Subscribe to our Blog
Recent Posts

December 15, 2019

December 13, 2019

March 18, 2019

December 13, 2018

Please reload

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Blogger Social Icon
  • ABF Logo

E U R O A 

41-43 Railway Street, Euroa Vic 3666
Phone: +61 03 5795 1885 


© 2015 ABF Partners Pty Ltd: Site by Mac-Access, Euroa Proudly created with

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Blogger - Grey Circle